Buddy Media has released a report that reveals when it is most effective for brands to update their Facebook pages thus gaining the most impact on their users. The analysis was performed on 200 of Buddy Media’s clients during a two-week period. Effectiveness was measured according to comments and likes.
When managing a page it is important to remember that effectiveness is highly depending on the behaviour of your users. In other words, you may create and strategise about engaging content, but if it doesn’t reach your users, your efforts are wasted.
Check out these key findings we have collected from Buddy Media’s report to find out how to post effectively:
1. Keep posts short : Posts that are 80 characters or less have 27% higher engagement rates. Remember that users are very selective when scrolling up and down their feed. A short message is much more easy to decode.
2. Think twice about using URL shorteners: Engagement is in general 3 times higher for posts that used a full-length URL. Users like to know where they are directed before they click on a link.
3. Fans follow instructions well: If you want your fans to like or comment, don’t hesitate to ask them. The simpler, the better. Don’t be afraid to encourage your fans to take action and do something. It is better to be direct, short and concrete than to be ambiguous or subtle.
4. Ask questions in the end. Posts that end with a question have 15% higher engagement rates. If you want your fans to answer questions only ask one question and do it in the end of the update. Too much additional information may only seem distracting.
5. Post towards the end of the week. Keep in mind that the less people want to be at work, the more they are on Facebook. Use for instance a tool to pre-schedule posts to reach fans when they are online and you are not. However, fan engagement varies a lot according to industry. Here’s an overlook of which days is more effective to post at in different industries:
TRAVEL AND HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY:
BUSINESS AND FINANCE:
FOOD AND BEVERAGE INDUSTRY: