Memolane – “Your Time Machine for the Web” – is a new social media tool, which captures your entire online life in one timeline, so you can easily travel back in time and relive great memories. It is comprised of an international group of both Danes and Americans, who soon will be gathered in San Francisco to create great things with the new platform.
How it works
Whether you’d like to rediscover your holiday of a lifetime, relive a great party, see when you participated in a festival or checked in at some place, Memolane is the way to save all these memories. It is possible to create a timeline with all your information from Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Foursquare, YouTube and other platforms you’re present on, so you can go through old photos, tweets, check-ins, updates etc.
In the bottom of the screen, you use the timeline to step back in time and relive various events etc. And you also have the possibility of sharing memories with friends, exploring their Memolanes and inviting them to contribute to your stories, which is a new timeline where you and your friends can combine favorite memories from your own Memolane.
Currently, Memolane is in beta, but you can sign up on the homepage to be notified by mail, when the platform is launched, or use our invitation below.
It’s easy, it’s social and it’s fun
First of all, it’s very easy to use the platform. When you sign in, you choose which networks you want to add to Memolane, click on “View Lane” and that’s about it. Now, you can take a walk down memory lane!
This new platform is a great way to gather all your social activities at one place – at the same time as you have the possibility of interacting with friends and together create a timeline of memories. In addition, it’s a fun way to take a look back – and especially for the ones who have a passion for social media and are very active on various platforms.
Memolane lets you:
– Capture all your history in one place from your favorite Internet services
– View photos, music, tweets, blogs, checkins, events and much more.
– Use a simple timeline to travel back in time with one click.
– Add friends, explore their Memolane and share memories.
– Explore and search your entire online life in one place.
– Search by location, people, events, time and more.
– Create Stories and invite your friends to contribute their content.
– Make your Memolane public so you can easily share your online memories from Twitter, Facebook and blogs.
– Protect your privacy by controlling who can access your Memolane.
Try it out!
We have been so lucky to get hold of some invites for our readers. Try it out – personally, I think it’s brilliant!
You can sign up as long as there are still invites left.
Sign up: http://beta.memolane.com/signup
Invitation code: mindjumpers
So, look forward to keeping your memories alive – and let us know what you think about this new platform.