Today would be a bad day or a good one for Facebook, we will let the users decide. But, what we know for sure is that we are going to see robust changes in Facebook. Some of them are already visible to us in form of new “News feed” design, tickers, Friend Activity for brand etc.
You can read about them and their implications in our yesterday’s post. In the following we will look at the changes we can see on Facebook today and what do we expect f8 developers conference to bring for us.
So, here is a list of changes that we see, today
- Recommend a page: Some our colleagues found a “write a recommendation for the page” dialogue box for the pages you have “Like”-ed. So what does it mean for brands? I feel this is another way of channelizing influences in the right direction. In simple words, if I know what my friends have to say about the brand –positive or negative, it would definitely alter my opinion. This recommendation would then show in my news feed, and then one “Like” can generate multiple likes. So this new addition has a great viral potential.
- Status Update: Other one is removal is the “Status box”. When you are ready to update your status from the news feed page, you must click “update status”, the omnipresent status box is no longer there. Sites like Twitter use that status update box to prompt you to type something in. Today we see word limit of status messages being increase to 5000 characters.
- Remote Control: One other thing we can confirm: the unified music “remote control” on Facebook has been removed. This means that in order to control the music (play/pause/stop/next track/etc) you’ll have to switch windows to the music service itself. (source TechCrunch)
So you see any other changes in the profiles or pages? Do let us know, or share your screen shots, we would love to update ourselves!
- Want button: In line with adding on to social commerce, it is predicted that Facebook would launch a “Want” button. Again works pretty well for brands!
- Facebook Music: The “Listen with your friend” feature in ticker is expected, according to a tweet leak by a Facebook employee, which was deleted after couple of minutes. This feature would allow you to listen to what your friends are listening. LIVE!
- Not only will all music you’re listening to appear in the just-launched right-side ticker, there will be a link to “Listen with your friend”, that when clicked, will allow you to listen along to the same song at the same time.
- Mobile platform: F8 rumors also include more robust planning for mobile platform products for Facebook.
- Social e commerce: We might see a push towards e-commerce, which could have us seeing more buying and selling between friends using Facebook Credits.
Facebook, being a platform which people love to hate. With the aim of making users integrate it in every sphere of life, Facebook would undergo major changes, as everyone says. So what do you expect out of f8 today?