So, today is the day when Community Managers all over the world should feel a bit more appreciated. CMAD – Community Manager Appreciation Day – is an international event held every 4th Monday of January and which was first initiated in 2010 by Jeremiah Owyang, Industry Analyst on Customer Strategy and author of the blog Web Strategy. In this post, I’ll list some great articles on the topic and point out a trend that you as a Community Manager can’t overlook.
The role of a Community Manager
As Community Manager, your role is to communicate on behalf of a brand, to organize and publish content and to drive and maintain a relationship with the community you manage. Many Community Managers are responsible for creating content, or briefing Content Creators on content to produce according to the strategic guidelines. Either or, the Community Manager gets a unique understanding on what social content means, the value of putting it into the right context and how its being perceived by the target group.
Today, more articles than ever are being posted on the topic and you can connect with Community Managers around the world and find great reading by following the hashtag #CMAD and #CMGR on Twitter. Below, we have picked out some of those articles, extra suitable for this special day:
- A Collection of Community Management Advice for #CMAD
- 10 Qualities of an Effective Community Manager
- 10 Key Stats of The Community Manager Space #CMAD
- The Community Manager Report 2013 [Infographic]
- 4th Annual Community Manager Appreciation Day: Jan 28, 2013
Community Management 2013
As we at Mindjumpers look into 2013 and the big trends of community management, it is clear to us that localization is one of the trends that will come to prove its importance. According to the Facebook IQ 2012 report, 41% of international brands maintain at least one local country page. These local Facebook pages have grown at twice the rate of global communities and register 50% higher engagement. Read more about local community management in our following articles:
- Create Value Through Local Community Management
- For Global Success: 9 Reasons Why Local Is Key [Infographic]
- New Structure of Global Facebook Pages: Focus on Local Activation
- The Importance of Matching Your Brand with a Local Community Manager
- Social Media Needs Local Activation