Earlier this month, Mai wrote an article about why you should put content marketing at the heart of your brand strategy, in which she gives a summary of the importance of content marketing for your brand. However, she also mentions that even though 90% of marketers think content marketing will become more important over the next year, more than 60% still haven’t invented a content marketing strategy at place.
With the following blog post, I would like to present SEKARI Research and Social Optimization Agency’s infographic which introduces an additional aspect of the importance of content marketing – its contribution to brands’ SEO strategies.
Some interesting key facts from the infographic are:
- The most popular types of content that marketers spend time on producing are blog posts, social media updates (Facebook posts, tweets, etc.) and articles/guides, whereas audio content and podcasts are the least popular
- Search engine providers are increasingly recognizing quality creation and social sharing as significant ranking factors
- 27 million pieces of content are shared via the web each and every day in 2012
- More than 50 % of consumers say that blogs have influenced their purchase decisions
- 94 % of marketers believe that the users analysis of the site’s perceived value will increase in importance as a ranking factor
I would greatly recommend that you pay special attention to the bottom of the infographic, where you will find a valuable list with ten suggestions on how to produce highly sharable content.