2011 was a great year for social media where we saw true integration of “social” to our lives. To demonstrate the growth of social channels in the last one year, here is an interesting infographic designed by Internet marketing firm Dream Systems Media based on the data provided by AdAge.
It is pretty impressive to see that Facebook has grown to more than 800 million active users, adding more than 200 million (that is one fourth of the total number of users) in last year. Twitter now has 100 million active users and LinkedIn has over 64 million users in North America alone.
It is very interesting to note that this year, we saw brands getting attracted more towards social media and using it to their benefit. We saw some great campaigns and interesting use of social media, along with expansion of mobile platforms.
A few interesting take outs for social media statistics in 2012:
Facebook Statistics 2012:
- An average Facebook user has 130 friends and likes 80 pages.
- 56% of consumers say that they are more likely recommend a brand after becoming a fan.
- Each week on Facebook, more than 3.5 billion pieces of content are shared.
Twitter Statistics 2012:
- 34% of marketers have generated leads using Twitter.
- 55% of Twitter users access the platform via their mobile.
General Social Media Statistics 2012:
- 30% of B2B marketers are spending million of dollars each year on social media marketing.
- Nearly 30% of these users are not tracking the impact of this marketing.
- 20% of Google searches each day have never been searched for before.
- Out of the 6 billion people on the planet, 4.8 billion have a mobile and only 4.2 billion own a toothbrush.
Take a look at the infographic here:
- None Found