Facebook has published a Best Practice Guide for how to use their platform for marketing. The guide provides a great overview of the marketing potential in having a presence on Facebook as well as suggestions for some strategic steps to go through when building a presence. In the following are some of the key points from the guide.
Depending on what type of business or brand you are, there are several advantages by being present. If you are in need of formulating some goals for your Facebook initiative – here are some clearly defined objectives:
• Foster product development and innovation – Learn about your target audience and understand their interests. Use for instance Facebook to crowdsource your next product idea.
• Generate awareness – Use a Facebook Page to generate awareness and connect with your audience. Use some of Facebook’s targeting capabilities such as Ads or Sponsored Stories as a marketing tool.
• Drive preference and differentiation – On Facebook, people discover your brand through referrels from their friends. Use Facebook to bring your brand to life for your customers in real time.
• Increase traffic and sales – It is possible to create viral promotional events, publicize offers or run Deals.
• Build loyalty and deepen relationships – When people like your Page, you have the opportunity to create personalized experiences and to drive engagement and loyalty over time.
• Amplify recommendation and word of mouth – Use Facebook’s social and viral potential by building sharing into all of your activities and campaigns.
• Gain insights – Observe your customers and their actions to improve your business and stay aligned with the people you serve.
The Facebook Ecosystem
However, it takes time building a Facebook community that corresponds with these goals and the objectives described above cannot be achieved from one day to another. This is where the Facebook ecosystem comes in. In the guide, it is described how it is possible to grow and nurture your community by three different activities:
• Build your presence with a page
• Engage your fans
• Amplify your presence and create word of mouth
The ecosystem is therefore not to be seen as three exclusive steps, but rather an ongoing process where you keep builing, engaging and amplifying along with the insights you gain from your community and customers.
Last, but not least, the guide also provides you with 5 concrete guiding principles when getting started with a Facebook initiative. This includes advice on integrating Facebook with your marketing efforts, making a good tone of voice and creating content that is sharable and social in nature.
1. Build a strategy that is social by design.
2. Create an authentic brand voice.
3. Make it interactive.
4. Nurture your relationships.
5. Keep learning.
You can download the full Facebook Guide here (pdf) for more information on the objectives, different tools and cases.
- None Found