The social media landscape may seem complex and intangible so I have been searching the web for some useful infographics to show what is going on with social media – let’s just say that I have been inspired by other great social media blogs.
I quickly stumbled upon a lot of really impressive infographics, but I have chosen these five infographics to illustrate the diffusion of social media on a global scale as well as how social media facilitate the spreading of messages.
– Click the images to see large version –
1. THE WORLD MAP OF SOCIAL NETWORKS
– what networks are popular in which countries?
By Vincos Blog
2. THE SOCIAL MEDIA EFFECT
– see how content travels by networks and people and ends up ranking in Google.
3. THE JOURNEY OF A TWEET
– see how a tweet spread across the social web.
4. WHO PARTICIPATES ONLINE
– get an overview of what activities people are doing online, divided according to age groups.
5. GLOBAL MAP OF SOCIAL WEB INVOLVEMENT
– see a map of what activities people are doing online, in 16 different countries.